Sunday, January 17, 2010

We are going to a wedding today and I can tell you that we did NOT shop off of their registry. I tried to, I usually do, but they wanted $120 rice cookers and $19 pizza cutters and $700 home theater systems.

Not in my budget!

So I went to Target and bought these 3 Pyrex dishes (with 3 lids!!!) for about $16. Then I went to Joann's looking for etching cream (they didn't have any), went to Michaels for the etching cream (they sold me etching MEDIUM... there is a Huge difference). Drove home and tried the etching medium. This is when I found out about that Huge difference thing... it didn't work. I searched my craft supply and low and behold... I own etching cream! Still in the original packaging too, never been opened.

I put some letter stickers on there and taped it off with some painters tape and put the etching cream on. Waited all of 60 seconds (now that is my kind of craft!) and washed it off. Now when they go to a pot luck, they'll never lose their dish!

I am so IN LOVE with the outcome! Don't be surprised if you get some etched glass something-or-other for your next birthday or holiday!










And then to top it off, I used the same stickers to put the happy couple's initials on the bag. Now I just need to get some bubble wrap so they won't break before they get them!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! So creative. I hope the couple likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I have used etching cream before... but never thought to use it for this. This is so cute it hurts! :)

    ReplyDelete