Friday, January 15, 2010

back to reality

I was really ready to come home, even go back to work, but I am so glad today is Friday.

School started back up for me while I was gone so I missed a full week of classes. Not smart. I'm pretty much up to date in one of my classes but the other one, I'm not.

To top it off, yesterday I came down with a pretty nasty cold. It's mostly in my throat and it is painful!

More very bad news: my Flip video camera broke!!! In New York too, so I couldn't take any videos while I was there. Not happy about that one. It's just in the battery compartment. the little part that one end of the battery sits on is missing. I don't even remember it falling or breaking off.

AND.... my printer is broken too!!! I use a printer at least 4 times a week for work and school. It keeps telling me I have a printer jam and I know I don't. That, along with the funny noise its making, means I am in trouble!!

Ok, I'm done with the pity part...

On a much happier note: Jacob started piano lessons last night. He has already taught himself how to play O Christmas Tree, Silent Night and other Christmas songs. (I'd show it to you but my video camera is broken!)

Maya and Jason are busy with basketball. Jason is coaching Maya's team this year again and let me tell you... the difference in ability between 4th graders and 5th graders is amazing. There are a lot of talented girls on this team!

Molly will be starting soccer very soon. The last time she played, she was 3 years old, so this will be a new experience for her. I'm so excited for her to play but not too excited about being out in the cold and rain again!!! I have class every Saturday so I do hope that I will get to her games.

Macey is in between sports right now. Basketball is over and Bethel Rec soccer sign ups are right now so we just have to wait for practices to start.

So we're all pretty busy, but its a good busy. Like I said earlier, I'm happy to be home!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're home too. Sorry about the printer. Check out this comic to make you feel better: http://gizmodo.com/5445812/why-i-believe-printers-were-sent-from-hell-to-make-us-miserable.

    And yea for piano lessons! Go Jake!

    ReplyDelete